DS220j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

How to remove file of deleted user?
I use NAS model: DS220j
I have removed user already but all files of deleted user still present. I also re-started NAS. please see attached file.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
Do you use Snapshot Replication on the shared folder(s) that user was storing files on?
I have removed the user but storage space not free. Is this shared folder(s) you want to see?

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
Where are the files? All over the place or just in /homes/<username>?

As an administrator user you can delete files and folders. I guess the assumption is that the deleted account's files and folders may still be useful and it's safer to leave the clean-up to an administrator, once they've reviewed it.

[BTW did you know you can change the shared folder names of USB mounted drives. So you can change usbshareN-M to something more memorable.]

Where are the files? All over the place or just in /homes/<username>?

As an administrator user you can delete files and folders. I guess the assumption is that the deleted account's files and folders may still be useful and it's safer to leave the clean-up to an administrator, once they've reviewed it.

[BTW did you know you can change the shared folder names of USB mounted drives. So you can change usbshareN-M to something more memorable.]
Hi fredbert,
Thank you for your advice.

Files of deleted user not show in File Station but it show in Storage Analyzer as a Deleted user (Capture5).

On 12-Jun, I have uninstalled Synology Drive then I get back the space. Today I install Synology Drive again, I have lost space (Capture4).

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 15

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.