How to remove or rename default Movies, TVShow or hidden it from user?

Currently reading
How to remove or rename default Movies, TVShow or hidden it from user?

NAS
DS224+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Dear bro, I don't user Video Station for storing video.

I intend to use it to host my course video, but I cannot remove default library just like Movies, TV Show, Home Video..., I just can create new library and set the name for it. I can hidden them from user but user can config to show it again.

How do I solve this problem? Thank you.

I cannot remove default library just like Movies, TV Show, Home Video
Uninstall Video Station (and possibly, Media Server). Then the shared system folder may be deleted by an admin.

It is risky to use shared system folders for access by 3rd party packages... ex., Jellyfin... for Synology may choose to rewrite their permissions with any update.

Create a shared folder "media" (or whatever name you prefer) for your movies, TV shows, etc.,

How can the user configure it? Do they have Admin privileges?
What are you trying to do? Do you want to have access to video station and no one else?
Standard users can adjust which libraries they can see ...
1623857455894.png

The top four are default libraries and the admin user cannot stop them from being public. Other libraries can be public or private. Where public libraries are accessible to all Video Station users (public doesn't mean open to the Internet) the private libraries have their access allowed for particular users. My bottom two libraries happen to be public but I have a number of private libraries that are not visible to my Home (TV account): one per family member in a personal folder in a shared folder that they can drop their own files.

Last edited:
How can the user configure it? Do they have Admin privileges?
What are you trying to do? Do you want to have access to video station and no one else?
they are just normal user @WST16. I find some ways to make my work works ^^ Thank you.
-- post merged: --

Uninstall Video Station (and possibly, Media Server). Then the shared system folder may be deleted by an admin.

It is risky to use shared system folders for access by 3rd party packages... ex., Jellyfin... for Synology may choose to rewrite their permissions with any update.

Create a shared folder "media" (or whatever name you prefer) for your movies, TV shows, etc.,
got is, thanks Telos.
-- post merged: --

Standard users can adjust which libraries they can see ...
View attachment 3814

The top four are default libraries and the admin user cannot stop them from being public. Other libraries can be public or private. Where public libraries are accessible to all Video Station users (public doesn't mean open to the Internet) the private libraries have their access allowed for particular users. My bottom two libraries happen to be public but I have a number of private libraries that are not visible to my Home (TV account): one per family member in a personal folder in a shared folder that they can drop their own files.
Thank you Fred, I also set it up in this way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back