How to send files from one Synology to a remote Synology

Currently reading
How to send files from one Synology to a remote Synology

Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
From time to time I want to send a file or two to my buddy's Synology array and drop them in a specific folder. We both have Synology Drive Admin and Drive ShareSync installed. He has the folder Jim set up in drive sharesync as a "team folder". I have a folder set up as Gordon. Basically, when I drop a file into Gordon I want it to be sent to Jim. His Jim folder will continue to grow. My Gordon folder will only contain files I want to send to him. I also plan to delete the file from Gordon after the transfer is done. They are not to be sync'd with each other (two way?). I'm losing my mind on the descriptions of remote vs. local. My Synology will always SEND to his and it will never work the other way. Which array should be considered remote and which should be called local? Which array should initiate the transfer? Is it a PUSH from mine to his, or is it a PULL from from mine to his? This makes me nuts. Can someone point me to a better description than the one on the "official" website? Pictures would be nice. Am I using the right "Synology WHATEVER" tool for this job?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.