How to set up plex DS923+

Currently reading
How to set up plex DS923+

Got my internet back up and running nas says Plex Server running but plex can’t access it can’t connect to the ds923 securely

Well learning curve for anyone else I uninstalled plex then re installed choosing the option to claim the server and get the plex code. It’s saying server update required to do it manually not worked that out yet.

Here are the general steps to set up Plex on a DS923+ NAS:

Install the Plex Media Server package: The first step is to install the Plex Media Server package on your DS923+ NAS. You can do this by opening the Package Center and searching for "Plex" in the search bar. Then click on "Install" to start the installation process.

Configure Plex Media Server: Once the installation is complete, open the Plex Media Server package and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your media library. You can choose the location of your media files and set up metadata sources to retrieve information about your media.

Install Plex clients: Install Plex clients on your devices, such as your phone, tablet, or smart TV. You can download the Plex app from the app store on your device.

Sign in to your Plex account: Sign in to your Plex account on both the Plex Media Server and the Plex clients.

Add media to the library: Add media files to your library by selecting the "Add Library" option and choosing the type of media you want to add, such as movies or TV shows.

Customize Plex settings: Customize the Plex settings, such as the transcoding quality and streaming settings, to optimize your media playback experience.

Start streaming: Once you have set up Plex, you can start streaming your media to your devices by selecting the media file and clicking on the "Play" button.

Overall, setting up Plex on a DS923+ NAS is a straightforward process that can be done with just a few steps.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

I’ve got it up and running but still can’t work out how to update the software it was easy on my Mac.

Select ‘Synology’ and I think you want the Intel 64-bit download. Do this to your Mac/PC.

In Package Center there is the Manual Install button at the top of the window. Use this to update Plex using the downloaded installer file.

Does the synology nas put the hard drives to sleep? The app says everything is ok healthy and plex is running but when I went to the tv app client it’s saying server not available it took a few attempts for it to load its then I noticed the nas drive lights flickering as if waking up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back