How to set up plex DS923+

Currently reading
How to set up plex DS923+

You can't add these drives to your existing pool since they are of smaller capacity than the utilised drives.
You can only create a new pool with them, giving either 3TB (RAID0, no drive tolerance) or 1TB (SHR1, 1 drive tolerance)
ok so if i power down the gas insert the two drives 2tb and 1tb then go onto storage manager it will see both drives give them a new pool ie 2 raid 0 will add them together to make a 3tb pool ?

ok so if i power down the gas insert the two drives 2tb and 1tb then go onto storage manager it will see both drives give them a new pool ie 2 raid 0 will add them together to make a 3tb pool ?

I’m confused what if I just put them what happens to the existing pool where all my files are now I don’t want them wiped.
You can't add these drives to your existing pool since they are of smaller capacity than the utilised drives.
Yes. Too late now without starting over, but creating a pool with a 1 and 2 TB drives, will leave you only with 1 TB in SHR. Hardly worth doing.

I can’t have them as two separate drives then ? Jobd
If you really want plain storage place for torrenting as you mentioned, and you really have no big concerns if you loose these data then you could use RAID0 which will add them together and give you 3TB. No drive redundancy with this solution though, but it could help if what you store there is of not so big importance or you can backup these data in other places.

If you really want plain storage place for torrenting as you mentioned, and you really have no big concerns if you loose these data then you could use RAID0 which will add them together and give you 3TB. No drive redundancy with this solution though, but it could help if what you store there is of not so big importance or you can backup these data in other places.
Yes that idea is perfect so choose RAID 0 for them two drives.

I might be better off then saving up and buying two bigger tb drives than trying to make use of two old ones.

Hi I have just had a new virgin hub installed and now I can’t log into my nas and run the plex server any ideas what I can do please

Last edited:
i can get the quick connect on my mac
but its saying sorry this package can't be accessed via quick connect
-- post merged: --

So I’m logged in ok can see the desk top and apps but can’t load plex up

I got it back up and running how do you update the server? I download the update on my Mac what do you do after that please?.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.