Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
email set up.JPG

Hi I'm trying to set up mail plus server but I'm not very tech-savvy, I configured my A record using the tutorial from Synology but the MX record was vague, could someone help me by explaining what goes in the host and points to section in the dns settings , i though the host section would be the host name of my nas so it would be mail.mydomain.com or would it be the ddns same of my nas . for the points to section do i put my static IP?

Last edited:
Hi,

Don’t change host (keep it “@“)
In “Points to” put your “mail.mydomain.com.”
That’s if you actually have your mail under “mail.mydomain.com.”, if not, just put “mydomain.com.”

Try that please.

Edit: corrected by adding the trailing dot. Forgot about that.

Where are you entering this info?

Should be on an authoritative name server.

If you go to the below and check both, your A record and MX record (from the drop down menu), does it return your public IP address? Check MX for both, mail.mydomain.com and mydomain,com and see.

In case you’re trying to configure this on Synology’s DNS server, I’d suggest that you try your domain registerer first. It’s easier and usually this service is provided by them for free. You should be able to login and edit your DNS records.

That’s how I did it (didn’t try Synology’s DNS for this).

Where are you entering this info?

Should be on an authoritative name server.

If you go to the below and check both, your A record and MX record (from the drop down menu), does it return your public IP address? Check MX for both, mail.mydomain.com and mydomain,com and see.
x
Im using uniregistry as my dns server and I updated the dsn records on that , so far I've updated my a record and MX. i don't think the problem is the dns records , do i need to enter the static ip my isp provided me with in the nas , if so how do i do that ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back