Photos How to upload to existing folder in /photo?

Currently reading
Photos How to upload to existing folder in /photo?

NAS
DS620slim, DS415+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
I do use iphone and photos.
Upload seems to be limited to folders that are like "photoLibrary" /yyyy/mm format.
Presumably this then should be shared storage, not in personal storage, where the same thing happens in the home folder.

I cannot find a way to sent the upload to a folder that the photo needs to go; like predefined folder in /Photo/customer/subject

In the photo app, this was not an issue at all.

so question: Anyone found a way to sent photo's to folders?
edit: upload via ds file works, as you can select the folder at the upload process.

Reply from Synology support: this is not possible, it will be added to the list of feature requests.
Best to use DS file to do the upload, and then switch to Photos app to view.

This workaround will probably work, until Synology decides to change DS file and decide where all my other documents have to be stored?

Reply from Synology support: this is not possible, it will be added to the list of feature requests.
Best to use DS file to do the upload, and then switch to Photos app to view.

This workaround will probably work, until Synology decides to change DS file and decide where all my other documents have to be stored?
Hehe. I'm sure they won't do that to DS File, but it's nice that there is a feature list for Photos. It was expected that they will build on that in the future. A lot of focus is going towards that app, so fingers xxxx.

Tnx for the update.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.