How to use Hyper Backup with B2

Currently reading
How to use Hyper Backup with B2

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.2.4-11091
As a test, I backed-up a shared folder, using client-side encryption. After the back-up was complete, I removed the shared folder contents and restored them.

Full restoration indicated by file count and size, while fully retaining created/modified/last accessed date stamps.

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
As a test, I backed-up a shared folder, using client-side encryption. After the back-up was complete, I removed the shared folder contents and restored them.

Full restoration indicated by file count and size, while fully retaining created/modified/last accessed date stamps.
Thank you, Telos, for testing and reporting back to us. That is good news.

I've been using BackBlaze for a while now (since Crashplan exited the consumer space) for online backup of my iMac. I just added the B2 to my account and will try a NAS backup as well.

I'll have to run some numbers and see if makes more financial sense to just backup the NAS to B2 as I already have my time machine backups on the NAS (3-2-1) anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.