DSM 7.1 How/when does Synology update the opensource packages, like NUT, for example?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 How/when does Synology update the opensource packages, like NUT, for example?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Hello all,

I have a question - how / when does Synology decide to propagate the new version of a linux package to its distro? Also, how to correlate the release of a library from the git repo to the one used by NAS?

Let me give an example to clarify. Let's say I would like to understand the release of the NUT (Network UPS Tools) used by Synology. From the Synology console, I see the following NUT installed on my DS:

Network UPS Tools upsc DSM7-1-42464-211216

But when I'm checking the NUT git repo, the latest release is 2.8.0+ as you can see here.

So, is it possible to understand, which NUT release (or fork of which release) corresponds to the upsc DSM7-1-42464-211216?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.