Currently reading
How's Contacts working for you?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a couple of Synologys and a couple of Contact installations. On a Mac, I've given up with Apple's Contacts.app for the moment. Using BusyContacts I'm connected and appear to be syncing my contacts successfully with one installation. Meanwhile, using the same BusyContacts on the same Mac, the account to the other Syno produces errors, somehow BusyContacts can't hold the connection or there's a problem with login or something.

So one works, the other not so much.

The troublesome Contacts has over 1000 contacts and appeared to choke when importing. (Actually the web GUI import is worst than pants, you get one shot, you can't import further contacts later.) The working Contacts only has 350 ish.

Should I just give up on Contacts as well and install Nextcloud? That may save me having to discover that Synology Drive isn't up to it either (currently its moaning about access being denied).

Have you considered emClient?
No, I hadn't! Looks interesting. Is it the first all-in-one PIM since Claris Organiser? However, I'd still meed the Synology Contacts as I don't know / see how to share contacts using the Synology CardDAV. But I bet emClient works with Nextcloud. Why did you have to give it up?

Thanks for the eM Client suggestion. Downloaded the trial and now spend about a good hour in it, cleaning up my contact list and calendar. So far is only crashed once (when converting my contact, so that's something that's nev er used again).

Really like the program so far. It's great to have all "stuff" in one place and it works great with my Syno. It's also a nice feature to have a list of your most recent communications with a contact in that contacts entry.

Thanks again for the great tip. If it keeps functioning like this, I'll surely buy it when the trial expires.

I hope the Windows version is functioning the same. It would be awesome to have the very same client on both my Macs and my Wintendo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.