Currently reading
How's Contacts working for you?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a couple of Synologys and a couple of Contact installations. On a Mac, I've given up with Apple's Contacts.app for the moment. Using BusyContacts I'm connected and appear to be syncing my contacts successfully with one installation. Meanwhile, using the same BusyContacts on the same Mac, the account to the other Syno produces errors, somehow BusyContacts can't hold the connection or there's a problem with login or something.

So one works, the other not so much.

The troublesome Contacts has over 1000 contacts and appeared to choke when importing. (Actually the web GUI import is worst than pants, you get one shot, you can't import further contacts later.) The working Contacts only has 350 ish.

Should I just give up on Contacts as well and install Nextcloud? That may save me having to discover that Synology Drive isn't up to it either (currently its moaning about access being denied).

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3621+, DSM 7.0.4-11091
Have you considered emClient? I've found it's Contacts manager works well with Synology CardDAV. FWIW, though I switched away from emClient for other unrelated reasons.

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Have you considered emClient?
No, I hadn't! Looks interesting. Is it the first all-in-one PIM since Claris Organiser? However, I'd still meed the Synology Contacts as I don't know / see how to share contacts using the Synology CardDAV. But I bet emClient works with Nextcloud. Why did you have to give it up?

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3621+, DSM 7.0.4-11091
Why did you have to give it up?
I already had a suitable mail client (Thunderbird). Once I found a suitable CardDAV extension, I left emClient ( I was using emClient for Contacts only, since it was so easy to edit my NAS CardDAV database).

NAS
RS820+, 2x DS218+, DS916+, DS115j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks for the eM Client suggestion. Downloaded the trial and now spend about a good hour in it, cleaning up my contact list and calendar. So far is only crashed once (when converting my contact, so that's something that's nev er used again).

Really like the program so far. It's great to have all "stuff" in one place and it works great with my Syno. It's also a nice feature to have a list of your most recent communications with a contact in that contacts entry.

Thanks again for the great tip. If it keeps functioning like this, I'll surely buy it when the trial expires.

I hope the Windows version is functioning the same. It would be awesome to have the very same client on both my Macs and my Wintendo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!