Howto Block DSM redirect error page.

Currently reading
Howto Block DSM redirect error page.

Hello again.

I have 443 open and forwarded to the NAS. This lets me use PhotoStation, DS Photo and DS File from the interwebs. (Plus it apparently needs to be open for Lets Encrypt).

But, by the same token a Browser request to 'www .mydomain .com' - whilst not loading a page - provides an error page clearly showing the port no. to which I have DSM UI redirected (If I didn't, the 443 call would obviously load the DSM login page), which can't be reached as that port is not open in the FW. Nevertheless, that's a little too much information publicly presented for my liking.

Is there simple way to prevent this error being displayed (do I need to stop the redirect internally)?

You’re welcome.

I enabled Web Station and published a blank page that Rick Rolls whoever tries it– contains an immediate redirect to Rick Astley on YouTube when it loads 😀

Used this HTML code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL='http://new-website.com'" />

Web development is not my forte, so there might be better ways to accomplish this, however, this works so far :)

You’re welcome.

I enabled Web Station and published a blank page that Rick Rolls whoever tries it– contains an immediate redirect to Rick Astley on YouTube when it loads 😀

That's one way I suppose. For now, I just have a literally empty index.html file. As in NOTHING in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.