RT2600ac Howto remove device from broadcast storm protection

Currently reading
RT2600ac Howto remove device from broadcast storm protection

I use MAC filtering and _had_ broadcast storm protection enabled. I discovered recently one phone (iPhone 11) apparently blocked by the broadcast storm protection listed as such in the MAC Filter page.

I've disabled the storm protection ; rebooted the router, but no success, it still can't "join" the network and I can't see anywhere to remove the device from the block.

How the hell do I (essentially) whitelist this device outside of MAC filtering?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Apparently iOS 14.x defaults to random MACs for ALL wifi connections (even pre-existing ones). If you're using MAC filtering, this sets up repeated requests which the Synology reads as broadcast storms and blocks. You can remove the block in the std "Enable devices in this list" page, but the device still can't connect cause the random MAC is not registered.

Turn that off and all good again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.