ds817+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi All
I have a DS1817+ server running in SHR mode
when i first got it i added 2 x 8tb drives then a 10 tb then 2x 12 tb
recently the 10 tb faulted so i replaced it with another 12tb .
after a few months i finally got a replacement 10 as the previous one was still under warranty.
The problem is .... i tried putting the 10 tb back in and expanding the drive but now it wont let me.. im assuming its because i added the extra 12 tb..
Is there any way around this?
or will i have to sell it and buy another 12tb at least?
Cheers for any help..

Added drives to an existing pool must equal or exceed the largest existing drive. No exceptions.

Incorrect. An added drive can also be the same size as one of the existing drives.

So in the scenario above, perversely you could add an 8TB drive, but not a 10TB.

Upvote 0
Incorrect. An added drive can also be the same size as one of the existing drives.

So in the scenario above, perversely you could add an 8TB drive, but not a 10TB.
so I could add Another 2 10 tb? or nah?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.