Hyper backup cancellation problem

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have set a task to run on HyperBacckup to back up to Synology C2. I now realise that I wanted to encrypt the task so I set a separate task just how I wanted it and clicked cancel for the unwanted backup. The unwanted task is stuck on Cancelling and the wanted task says waiting. Logging into Synology C2 and trying to delete the backup returns the message operation failed. How do l clear the unwanted task that seem to be stuck ?

Eventually I did a physical restart because it wouldn’t restart via DSM. Then the backup wouldn’t delete on C2 for another couple of hours! Not really satisfying

Upvote 0
It can take some time for the task to be removed from C2. It will not be instant in most cases.
Agreed, it takes some time. But not 2 days and on top without any Utilizations (CPU, Disk, Volume, ...) in Resource Monitor. Hyper Backup sometimes just dies - while running or cancelling. Not too trustworthy as backup client. I have these lockups every month once, on more than 1 Synology NAS.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.