DSM 7.1 Hyper Backup Failing on one Job

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Hyper Backup Failing on one Job

Last edited:
Hi All,
I hope you are well.

I have a strange one, We backup our customers NAS from one location to another NAS at a external site, Back has been working for months but it has just started to say failed the last few days. I have created a test job with another shared folder to the same NAS and it works with no problems. It appears the backup starts and process some data but then goes straight to "Generating Summary report" then fails.

Version of Hyper Backup is 3.0.2-2531

Things I have done
  1. Run Integrity check (No Issues)
  2. Re-created the task with re-link (Fails)
  3. Updated Hyper Backup and Vault
  4. Checked all port forwarding

I am currently doing a full integrity check including checking if can restore. Drive space is fine on the 2nd NAS.

Many Thanks
James

Re-created the task with re-link (Fails
Welcome to the forum.

Regarding everything you have said so far, looks like something has happened with the backup task itself. If relink is failing it will mean you will most likely have to redo the task. That being said using Vault app you should be able to access the current versions inside the current task, but it will also depend what kind of backup this was.

If it was pure rsync backup, or a proprietary HB NAS to NAS backup.

Hi All,

I have run some DSM updates, I have run another integrity check and it looks like the hbk file is corrupt. The HB now says restore only and has an error report saying some files are broken from the last successful backup. Is there a way I can repair this or is re-creating the back the only option as it is 3tb of backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.