Solved Hyper Backup file format

Currently reading
Solved Hyper Backup file format

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I just started using a DS218+. The documentation and discussion in forums seems to indicate that a Hyper Backup to an external USB disk is in a proprietary format that requires HyperBackupExplorer to access directly from a PC.

However, when I take a drive that contains a backup and connect it directly to a Windows 10 PC, the directories/files can be directly accessed.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks!

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Two types of HB task to USB:
  1. Local folder & USB
  2. Local folder & USB (single-version)
They both write files and folders to the USB's filesystem but only the second one creates copies of the original files and folders that are immediately usable. The first type uses it's own folder structure and file formats to create, in effect, a database holding a multi-version history of the original files and folders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.