Hyper Backup from DSM7.2 to DSM7.1

Currently reading
Hyper Backup from DSM7.2 to DSM7.1

NAS
DS114, DS118
Hi, can anyone confirm that Hyper Backup works between DSM7.1 (Vault) and DSM7.2 (Client) ?

I have an old DS114 that I use to store backup. This model cannot be updated to DSM7.2.

Thank you in advance.

Was that using HB v4?
No, at that time that was not v4. I can confirm that 4.1 beta for example will not be compatible with non-4.1 version when bare metal backup is a task at hand.

Atm I have no more DSM 7.2 machines with anything less then 4.1 HB to confirm this, but maybe "regular" backups would still work, but again, can't confirm this right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

that is a good question...i do not remember :) maybe when i was experimenting 2-3 years ago i assigned...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I thought and did the same. I did fresh run and created new backup job...Ongoing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HB/HBV updates are tied to the underlying DSM and may not be available unless your DSM is current. For...
Replies
Views
The documentation in that DSM 7 article is dated. It has evolved over time. There are still issued with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I was trying 'entire system' backup now I'm trying again. 1 reinstalled hb on 1621 and hb vault on 1515...
Replies
Views
That option will work ofc and if time is a factor then use this method. USB copy also have several options...
Replies
Views
I bought some storage in a server to use Hyper Backup to drop my offsite backup in. However, I have not...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back