Currently reading
Hyper Backup HBK File

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I used Hyper Backup to backup my DS218 to an external Seagate NAS drive via one of the USB ports in the back. The backup just completed and I was able to view the files via File Station. But when I look at that same drive from my windows computer as a mapped drive, I can't view the inside of the HBK file. I now know in what manner Hper Backup formats a backup at the destination point. But I expected to be able to read that data from outside of DSM and from any computer. Putting the files in a HBK file is useless to me. It keeps me trapped by having to use DSM to view the data. Is there a program in DSM that will just send the files to my external drive without looking it into a proprietary data mode? If not I will erase the data and move it over from one of my other drives which contains the same data.

If not I will erase the data and move it over from one of my other drives which contains the same data.
If using a HB Valut desktop app is not what you are looking for but wanna stick to the old fasion file/folder structure you can still use HB tool just select File Serve section in HB > rsync copy (single - version).

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 13.37.18.png

You will lose smart version rotation with it, but that's a trade-off.

If using a HB Valut desktop app is not what you are looking for but wanna stick to the old fasion file/folder structure you can still use HB tool just select File Serve section in HB > rsync copy (single - version).

View attachment 1815

You will lose smart version rotation with it, but that's a trade-off.
Thanks! I will definitely try that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.