Hyper Backup to Remote Synology via QuickConnect, is it possible?

Currently reading
Hyper Backup to Remote Synology via QuickConnect, is it possible?

Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is there a way to do a Synology to remote Synology Hyper Backup via QuickConnect?

I searched around and didnt find anything on this topic, but did find this excellent guide if you want to use DDNS:

However, I really would much prefer NOT to use DDNS for various security (and ease of maintenance reasons) and am really surprised there is no (readily apparent to me) option to just use your QuickConnect like you do when using Synology Drive? Or is there, and I'm just missing how to do it?

This seems like a really obvious and way easier to deal with remote backups.

Thanks for any pointers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
That will work with 4.1 version. Looks like user feedback has been implemented.
Replies
Views
You are welcome! Glad that you got it eventually working. You can still create a Synology support ticket...
Replies
Views
Well in a way this is expected. Your DSM6 machine (host) is still on an older version and anything other...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A bit odd tbh. Not sure how the name could be a factor here as Synology doesn't have a list of all bucket...
Replies
Views
Not sure what to say... I have about 5-6 separate tasks towards C2 and not a single time on any of them...
Replies
Views
Yes. I just changed the timing of the integrity check, giving it enough time to complete before backup...
Replies
Views
Backup software cannot accurately predetermine what its final backup size is going to be. You need to...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back