Hyper Backup to USB with selective retrieval

Currently reading
Hyper Backup to USB with selective retrieval

NAS
DS723+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have a DS723+ and am using ABB to backup a desktop PC to my NAS. I would like to use Hyper Backup to create backups of this data on the NAS to a USB drive once a month. My goal is to have a backup on the USB drive where I can selectively retrieve individual files and folders, as needed.

When creating a Hyper Backup task to do this I selected the 'Folders and Packages' option and selected the ABB folder on my NAS as the Source.

1696369044777.png

I then ran that task and later tried to retrieve individual files as a test using the Restore option in Hyper Backup. From what I can see, it will only allow me to restore everything, not individual files.

Is there a way to do what I want to do?

Thanks.

Rich

Is there a way to do what I want to do?
While you can backup the ABB archive via HB, as you did, it will not allow for a file browsing inside the ABB archive without the ABB user portal. So you will be able to get to the data, but you will 1st have to mount the ABB archive in place in order to read off it.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.