Hyper Backup to WinSRV2019 IIS + webDAV

NAS
DS920+ and others.
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi.

I'm trying to run Hyper Backup tasks with destination pointing to Windows Server 2019. Unfortunately SMB support is still missing and rsync installation on Windows seems for me to big of a hassle for now. So I decided to try webDAV.

I configured virtual directory in IIS, I've added webDAV authoring rules, Basic+Windows authentication and enabled webDAV on IIS. Under Windows I've successfully mapped webDAV site as a drive.

In Hyper Backup I've managed to configure webDAV destination, and Hyper Backup even created the initial directory structure. But after that the Tasks show communication error and when I'm trying to start backup task or create new task by relinking it I receive the error message below.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-26 121141.png

I've tried Basic/Windows/Basic+Windows authentications, webDAV Authoring Rules for specific user or all users, firewall on/off - no luck still.
Under Windows on same credentials I have no problem with reading/writing on this webDAV share.

Additionally, both devices on same LAN network, communicating using IP addresses.

I've searched in Hyper logs with no luck either.

Code:
ash-4.4# cat synobackup.log
info    2021/11/26 11:28:09     adm:    Setting of backup task [dane_to_xemnas] was created to backup to [TaskName/NasName_1.hbk].
warning 2021/11/26 11:29:00     adm:    [WebDAV][DifferentName] Task rotation has been skipped because of connection error. Please make sure your connection is working well.
warning 2021/11/26 11:30:21     adm:    [WebDAV][DifferentName] Task rotation has been skipped because of connection error. Please make sure your connection is working well.
info    2021/11/26 11:31:33     adm:    Backup task [DifferentName] was removed.

Anyone tried such configuration? Any luck? Please Help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.