NAS
DS220+,DS120j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I quick question to the group. I have one hyperbackup task for each directory, some that run everyday, some that run once a week, once every other day, once a month, depending on variability of files. All are "multiple versions", "enable backup rotation" and "smart recycle" with a limited number of versions kept.

This makes a lot of versions, 52 in case I want to store one year of weekly backups. My question is... If I lock some of the versions (say, one version per month for month-12 to month-6) will I still be able to recover any file stored in this version? (this means that the Backup is complete and it is not differential)

Lock backup means that those specific versions will not be rotated or deleted out following the version configuration setup.
Thanks. Yes, I agree that locked versions are locked. My question is: are these versions complete or are they differential?. Because when I read this (Google translation)

Backup task 2024 01 BU Video OK has completed.

Backup task: 2024 01 BU Video OK
Backup destination: usbshare1/2024 01 BU Video OK.hbk
Start time: Sat, May 18 2024 18:00:03
Duration: 23 Second

Total font size:
  • Shared folder: 8.0 KB
  • Application: 55.0 KB
  • Metadata: 0.0 KB
Increased target size: 416.0 KB
New shared folder data size: 0.0 KB
Modified shared folder data size: 0.0 KB
Deleted shared folder data size: 0.0 KB
Modified application data size: 55.0 KB

Obviously, it does not seem so. (Video OK folder size is 87 Gbytes)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.