Hyperbackup "entire system" backup size?

Currently reading
Hyperbackup "entire system" backup size?

NAS
DS920+, DS918+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I just added a new HyperBackup task to backup my DS920+ to a DS198+ using "entire system" mode. There is 14 used on the source machine and HyperBackup is already showing 15TB copies and only 41% complete. It looks like it's going to backup all the empty space as well which seem very odd and contrary to what I've read about it. Is this behavior normal? if it is I'll go back to regular HyperBackup since I really don't want to waste a lot of space backing up unused source system space.

DS920+ (source system). DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1. 4 x 18TB SHR-2
DS918+ (target system) DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3. 4 x 18TB SHR-2

I just added a new HyperBackup task to backup my DS920+ to a DS198+ using "entire system" mode. There is 14 used on the source machine and HyperBackup is already showing 15TB copies and only 41% complete. It looks like it's going to backup all the empty space as well which seem very odd and contrary to what I've read about it. Is this behavior normal? if it is I'll go back to regular HyperBackup since I really don't want to waste a lot of space backing up unused source system space.

DS920+ (source system). DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1. 4 x 18TB SHR-2
DS918+ (target system) DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3. 4 x 18TB SHR-2
No it won't backup "empty space".

1693987533425.png

This is an example of a test sample using full system backup. 6GB of used space with a RAID1 (2x8TB drives).

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.