Currently reading
HyperBackup failing after raid rebuild

NAS
DS1621+, DS1621+, DS918
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
This is going to be a little confusing, but thanks to @Rusty I finally had HB backing up my source nas to a destination nas nightly, working 100% no issues. BUT then I had a raid pool issue the other day on my TARGET nas and the raid pool had to rebuild 1 drive because it reported crashed (long story, just work with me). OK. It did the rebuild and came back all good. The system was my Target NAS (with HyperBackup Vault) backup device. Now my Source says in HB couldn't connect to the target server, so I re-login thru HB to authorize the Target - which is on my LAN btw, which failed for some reason? So then I load the Target DSM page and it tells me its had 10 failed attempts and has blocked the IP of my Source nas! :ROFLMAO: That was funny to me.

SO... I whitelist/allow the IP of my Source nas, on the security tab of my Target nas (which I never had to do before, I obviously know the login since I opened DSM). I try to re-login/authorize my Source nas to Target nas via HB (which btw only worked for me in Chrome, not Firefox? Must be an add-on or something I have in Firefox?) and now it says it cannot verify the integrity of the backup (failed to run backup integrity check). And now I'm stuck. The Target has my existing backup in HBV, I see the files, but I am not stuck at can not run backup integrity check. Now what?

You will have to reconnect them 1st. Try and remove the on the source side that task. Then start a fresh one and in the wizard in the bottom left corner select connect to existing repository. Target your “target” nas and let it do its thing.

Worse case, just start from scratch. Your backup is for when you need it, and your source is fine. So worse case nuke the backup and start fresh if reconnect doesn’t work.

You will have to reconnect them 1st. Try and remove the on the source side that task. Then start a fresh one and in the wizard in the bottom left corner select connect to existing repository. Target your “target” nas and let it do its thing.

Worse case, just start from scratch. Your backup is for when you need it, and your source is fine. So worse case nuke the backup and start fresh if reconnect doesn’t work.

Ok I'll try that. If I have to start from scratch, I will probably do the ABB method this time, and be able to restore the source nas completely. I'll report back when I succeed or fail! Thanks!

OK, so I realized that if I edit each HB task, go to the last tab on the right that says Target, and re-login it re-links to the data set. It worked on all but 1 of them, it said failed data integrity check, so I set it to run again and will see if it completes or not... BUT for future readers, it looks like if you just re-authorize the target from the source HB it should pick up where it left off.. I'll know 100% tomorrow after it runs tonight. I will report back with updates.

Well the update is, after re-login to the target from the source nas by editing each hyperbackup task got it all re-linked and working. At least according to HB = all green check marks. So that was easier than I expected.

Oh, and I thought I would mention, I had to do the re-login in Chrome on Windows. Firefox was trying to open an empty page.

When I click on the login for the target, a small window should open with the target login screen, which worked in chrome, but would open an empty page in firefox... either its a firefox issue, or one of my firefox addons blocked it - I am not sure. Just thought I would add that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.