hyperbackup login to destination nas problems!?

Currently reading
hyperbackup login to destination nas problems!?

NAS
DS3018xs
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi there...

I have 2 Local (same network) NAS - I want to use hyper backup from one to another, infact I have had it running for years without any problems! Then today my destination NAS broke down due to some HDD failures so I startet all over on that one, it mostly serves as a more or less backup of the first NAS anyway...

So I installed the hyperbackup + the vault version and a few other things, made a "admin" user again the same name password...

Now when I go into my "source" NAS and wants to make a backup it keeps telling me the "destination" is "OFFLINE" and yes I have tried to reconfig or even make a new backup without any luck!

RSYNC btw: works....

When I try and make a new hyperbackup where I choose "remote NAS unit" I press the IP or let it find it, port is that 6281 as usual ...

I am then asked to login, this is also done... then now I have to define the remote/destination SHARED FOLDER, and I cannot,, sometimes it just rolls back and asks me to login agian...

there is something now that doesnt work that DID work for me before... it must be on the destination end since that was the one that broke down....

but I have made a shared folder, I have made a / the user again... rsync also works... what is it with hyper backup and that "remote NAS.." option?

have they changed something I have to be aware of ?

Open port 80 temporarily on the target. Does that help?
hi .. do you mean in my rounter? but its on a local network same network... has worked... I am more looking into what do I have to define "unlock" on the destination? there must be something?! rsync works but not the other method which features rotation which I need...

Last edited:
Have you tried disabling the target NAS firewall? Does that resolve the offline issue?
firewall is off....
-- post merged: --

Are you entering the remote nas ip address? Or a domain name?
just ip address.....

I havent changed anything on the "source" end.. with hyperbackup it startet after reset of the destination... have Synology changed something with hyperbackup or some folder or specific user I have to make etc? thats the only thing I can think of ... its really wierd it does not just work out of the box... so to speak... !?

is there something with the shared folder? does NFS has to be turned on!? .. hmmm

accually also tried, no changes...

Does the user account used in the task have permission to the application?

Show a screenshot of the target screen from source. What’s the port number you’re using there?

Does the user account used in the task have permission to the application?

Show a screenshot of the target screen from source. What’s the port number you’re using there?
I will just check these things.. the port is that 62 something... 4 digits.. but its a local network..

but I will check.. thanks for all the input guys .. lets hope "we" solves this one...

if I try and make a new backup .. I have pressed the "logon tab" (sorry its in danish) and i login as the user..

privileged has been set yes... all good to go

then I have to define a shared folder as next.. and I cannot.. no popup window/scroll down tab .. nor I am not able to input via the keyboard either.. its like its not really logged ind...

this is the problem.. so it starts really early.. just trying to get access to that box/NAS

Attachments

• Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 9
then I have to define a shared folder as next.. and I cannot.. no popup window/scroll down tab .. nor I am not able to input via the keyboard either.. its like its not really logged ind...

this is the problem.. so it starts really early.. just trying to get access to that box/NAS
Well this helps drive all the back and forth in this thread, because to what I see this started out with some connection or port issue.

What message do you get when you click log in? I’m assuming no error, so no issue with ip, ports, firewall, or permissions to app.

the problem you’re now showing is simply that the user doesn’t have access to the folder. Either basic or advanced permissions on the folder were messed with, don’t know.

Try creating a new shared folder as a test and give the user permissions to it.

I've just made a new user "tester" and made a new shared folder "test" ... exact same result.. I can find the synology when I am trying to make a new back up .. I can login - that seems to work, but it doesnt put the user name infront of the login button that it accually originally did... and again I cannot select a shared folder then!

its like its not really logged in.... hmm I have given the access to hyperbackup wault the shared folder to the user etc..

Last edited:
When you enter user name and password for logging in, what pops up? Do you get a message for password sign-in or browser sign in? What do you pick…what happens after that.

Clear browser cache, try incognito, try different browser.

Maybe delete the package and reinstall. I’m not able to replicate this issue

Go on the NAS you’re trying to back up to, can you create a HB task using remote NAS option with its own local ip and user account? If so then it’s a connection issue between the two nas’

I am able to actually replicate your exact issue by using a user account that doesn’t have access to the application and shared folder.

After logging in with this user it accepts the user name and password and then goes back to create task screen. The user name doesn’t appear next to log in button. From there I click on the shared folder drop down and it turns red exactly as your screenshot depicts.

I suggest going over user folder and app permissions again. Check the drop down boxes for user, group and system internal permission if shown. Even one deny check from a permission could override a group permission or vice versa

The user account that you’re entering into create
I've just made a new user "tester" and made a new shared folder "test" ... exact same result.

All users get thrown into the users group by default. Check that group and make sure there are no deny permissions

When you enter user name and password for logging in, what pops up? Do you get a message for password sign-in or browser sign in? What do you pick…what happens after that.

Go on the NAS you’re trying to back up to, can you create a HB task using remote NAS option with its own local ip and user account? If so then it’s a connection issue between the two nas’

I am able to actually replicate your exact issue by using a user account that doesn’t have access to the application and shared folder.

After logging in with this user it accepts the user name and password and then goes back to create task screen. The user name doesn’t appear next to log in button. From there I click on the shared folder drop down and it turns red exactly as your screenshot depicts.

I suggest going over user folder and app permissions again. Check the drop down boxes for user, group and system internal permission if shown. Even one deny check from a permission could override a group permission or vice versa

All users get thrown into the users group by default. Check that group and make sure there are no deny permissions

Hi Gerard...

what pops up is just a browser (IE explorer or edge as its called today!?) .. and I have that standard synology login page.. and I login. After that the window just closes again...

I have now given access to everything to all users (that destination NAS is not used for anything than a backup of my first nas anyway) ... and I went into that shared folder and checked all access given to everyone all programs... and tried again! same result...

I will try and see if I can backup the other way...

I will get back thanks until now.. we must be close ... to a solution .. ... wtf is wrong with my setup .. I cannot get that user through...

Now I've tried to do the opposite make backup from the 2nd/destination nas to the source... and I cannot login either that way... hmm so its both ways... same network.. has worked before.. just because my HDD went down on one of them all this trouble..!

Can it be Synology has changed something... within the last 3--4-5 days maybe.. and then I just noticed it because of HDD failure... so some update or whatever changed... so I have to do something that I am not doing ... hmm

Do you use the default 5000 and 5001 ports or did you change the default ports to something else?
100% all settings as standard.. only destination box/nas was formattet re-setup .. a few programs.. and just loaded the users there again... really really wierd...

box one is 192.168.1.150:5000 or whatever "port" and the other 192.1681.151 been running like that for 10+y

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.