Currently reading
Hyperbackup task question

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I inadvertently deleted a backup task, but still have the file it created. I tried to create a new task using the filename as the directory, but got a message saying another task was using the name.
Can I still use the backup file, and, if so, how?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Did you try 'Relink to existing task'?

1676394511106.png

1676394654800.png

Upvote 0
It could have been locked by a running HB task, but I'd be surprised if HB allowed you to delete a running task.

A new task usually can't be created that results with a folder name if one already exists at the destination. The usual approach would be to create a new task and relink to the existing vault. I'm not sure why it has warned you but then allowed a new task to be create in the manner you described in the original post.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.