Hyperbackup to PC W10

NAS
Synology DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

I would like to create a HB task which point to a shared folder on a windows 10 PC. Is that even doable ?

I can connect a distant folder but only on a subfolder of a share. Problem : i can only create a HB task on the root of a share. The other solution would be WebDAV server on the PC but it doesn't look that easy.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards

Thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I understood.

I want the NAS to write a HB vault directly on a folder of a hard drive installed on the PC. However I don't know how to point to such folder from Hyperbackup.

Yes you’re able to. You will need to use r-sync, then find a windows r-sync program. I forgot the name of the one I’m using (will have to check), but yes doable.

Thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I understood.

I want the NAS to write a HB vault directly on a folder of a hard drive installed on the PC. However I don't know how to point to such folder from Hyperbackup.
Sorry I was forgetting that a remote mounted SMB share won't be visible via the HB task creator.

You're options will be to run, as you and @Gerard say, either a WebDAV or rsync server on the Windows PC. Failing that you can connect an external USB drive to the NAS and use it as the destination.

It's quite complicated actually. I just want to back up my Synology and thought that it's safest to backup to my windows pc then to back up to an external hard drive that is connected directly to Synology NAS with USB. but the USB version is so simpler. what would you prefer?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.