DS720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I want to mirror two folders. I have done this using the command

mount --bind / volume/foo/folder_one /volume/foo/folder_two

And it works so that I can see the files and everything works as it should in file station and in samba share.

But not in Synology Drive. There, the folder folder_two is empty.

Does anyone know how to solve this ??

I want to mirror two folders. I have done this using the command

And it works so that I can see the files and everything works as it should in file station and in samba share.

But not in Synology Drive. There, the folder folder_two is empty.

Does anyone know how to solve this ??
root folder "foo" is where? In root of your volume folder? If so is that foo folder activated as a Teams folder using Drive Admin console? If you can see it there you can activate/enable it and it will be visible inside your Drive UI

Upvote 0
root folder "foo" is where? In root of your volume folder? If so is that foo folder activated as a Teams folder using Drive Admin console? If you can see it there you can activate/enable it and it will be visible inside your Drive UI
Yes The foo folder are activated as teams folder. I can see both folders in drive. But I can only see the files in folder_one and the other folder "folder_two" can I see but it is empty.

Upvote 0
I have the right access to both the shared folder and to the program "Synology Drive" it is not possible with the admin account either.

Upvote 0
Simple test>
create a new folder in the problematic Shared folder, put there some files/folders and check the visibility in the Drive client side. When it's working you have problem in the transferred permissions in the mounted folder

then

just to be sure:
1. Check the ACL setup for the target Shared folder, contains mounted folder:
Control panel/Shared folder ... select the Shared folder ... Action button or right click ... is it the ACL enabled?

2. Check the Permissions in File station for the mounted folder ...right click Properties/Permissions ... Apply to this folders and sub-folders check-box

3. Check the Drive Admin Console ... Settings/User sync profiles - just to be sure if don't have some limitations here

4. Check Syno Drive client by browser - still doesn't work? For an admin group also? Then permissions are the reason.

When no success, then check this kind of attitude - rsync - mentioned here:

Upvote 0
Nothing seems to work. Is it someone else who has made it work or is it just me who has a problem ?? The problem with rsync if you sync in both directions is that it is difficult to delete a file because then it is synced back from the other direction.

Upvote 0
From the Knowledgebase.

• The below data/shared folders cannot be synced across platforms:
    • Mounted remote folders or virtual drives
    • External USB drive shares
    • All the Docker container data stored
    • All the replicated data from Snapshot Replication
    • Shared folders that no users are able to access (i.e. when the folders are being edited or mounted/unmounted).
This is for Team folders.

Why don't you make the original folder a Team folder and make sure that access permissions are set so that only the right users can have access? Access permissions should also be honoured for lower folders too, if my memory is right.

Or place the content in a Team folder (or sub-folder) and then mount that to the other [original] location.

Upvote 0
@whiwhi
to be sure: above proposed solution was about single way rsync - maybe you didn't even try to test it

@fredbert
Hi P.
Mounted (also remote) folders are working for me in Drive - see here:
tested, works

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.