I don't recognize login activity...Help!

Currently reading
I don't recognize login activity...Help!

Check the installed apps on your phone. Also check the logs under menu > log center.

And don’t ever think of installing and enabling the email package on your NAS.
In one day I had more than 25 hacking attempts. I can’t imagine what will happen to you.

Thanks for the warning. I'd probably get chewed up. Out of curiosity, why is the email package so bad and what'd the hacking attempts look like?

Check the installed apps on your phone. Also check the logs under menu > log center.

And don’t ever think of installing and enabling the email package on your NAS.
In one day I had more than 25 hacking attempts. I can’t imagine what will happen to you.
I have an idea, but need to se the IP address ;)

Out of curiosity, why is the email package so bad and what'd the hacking attempts look like?
Mail is good not bad.
It’s bad people trying to find an open relay or to hack into it to send spam through you.
Sometimes I get the notifications like bullets from a machine gun, one after the other on my phone.

Anyway, @NAS Newbie, it was nice seeing you here again. Hope to see you more often without panic attacks and make sure to check the new dark mode courtesy of @SynoMan.

I’ll leave you on autopilot, as I have to go, if that’s ok.
No worries, I think I'm good. I farm too, so I've been busy the last several month getting crop in the ground. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get back into it again. Thanks for the help.

One more thing. It's what you've said above. You're using an Android phone.

To the best of my understanding (I don't know much about Android os), it's not as restricted as iOS devices when it comes to background activities. iOS does not allow apps in the background to run but for a very short duration after you close them.
I believe that's not the case with Android, apps can run at will, and broadcast your location and activity 24/7 to Google, Facebook and the nasty Martian who almost wiped us off the face of the planet :)

The same goes for those Synology apps you have connecting to your NAS. They think they're doing the right thing. Maybe there is a way to limit their behavior.

Just a thought. Good luck with the crops :)

if we don’t have the “login IP address” we can just speculate about a reason. And speculation will never support healt thinking (except long debate supported by fresh, cold beer). Next layer of the causality (OS,App,...) needs wait for the first stage.

This could be a job for…

Renowned, conspiracy theorist at night and
international diplomacy expert by day time.

Tin foil hat cat
1-800-555-5555

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.