I want my NAS to be connected to two different networks.

Currently reading
I want my NAS to be connected to two different networks.

NAS
DS418play
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I looked up this up a bit and they talked about using static routing on the NAS to achieve this, how would I set that up?

I need some help setting up the networks on the ds418play. The ds418 has two lan ports. ideally I would like network traffic to look like this:

Lan1 port -> 192.168.10.1 gateway on dd-wrt -> dd-wrt router vpn -> wan

Lan2 port -> 192.168.5.1 gateway on usg -> vlan with no wan access

The goal is to have the DiskStation download from torrents through a VPN, while also being accessible on LAN so I can mount the drive on other computers.

I have gotten both of the Lans set-up individually and they both work by themselves, the problem is when I plug both of them into the disk station at the same time I am either unable to connect to the disk station(timeout error) because LAN1 higher service order or I am unable to connect to the internet from on the device because lan2 is higher service order.

I have enabled multiple gateways on the station.

I tried to do a bit of research and the results said to do a bit of static routing which I don't really understand. My guess is that I will have to make the LAN1 port the higher service order gateway and add a static route to allow connections on to LAN2.

How would I configure this static route?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.