DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I understand the drive formatted size will be less than total drive size...

I also understand that Available Space will be less than formatted size, due to OS and programs loaded...

I understand that I could (and Do) have differing amounts of data on the 2x NAS's drive space..... so that available space remaining might be different... also.

I'm good with the above statements...

Can someone explain why 2 different NAS's.... 718+ and 720+ Both with same OS, Updates, and more importantly: Both with 2x 6TB Seagate Ironwolf's in SHR would show such differing total sizes as shown in the two pictures...

Now Everything is working fine.... I'm have no reason to go off on a wild goose chase.....
Just Nosy as to why two different NAS's with Identtical OS and identical drives, would show such such different results....

Attachments

• drivespace 718+.jpg
    drivespace 718+.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 25
  • drivespace 720+.jpg
    drivespace 720+.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Both identical. Both whatever is default. I did not customize anything different between the two. I’ll check later to see exactly which.
However, I do remember a difference!
The 720+ started life with 6TB CMR Ironwolf’s, and 718+ was a “step by step” upgrade from WD RED 4TB CMR’s nearly 2 years ago, as SHR, done one drive at a time.
Bet That has something to do with it!
Both are presently 6.2.4

Last edited:
from recollection, ~2 years ago, It took about 30 hours per drive to update the drive via tests... after each swap... Warned me it would take time to accomplish that... Did in twice, once for each drive...
followed steps from Storage Manager for update SHR... Did I miss something?

I must have.... now looking for it... ?? PS: Btrfs
-- post merged: --

Thank You! You were correct!!! Better Late than Never!!!! DUH!! 2 Points for: EAZ1964 !!!
Expanded 718+.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.