If Using VPN, Is Threat Protection Packet Inspection Necessary?

Currently reading
If Using VPN, Is Threat Protection Packet Inspection Necessary?

NAS
DS220J, DS420J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
If a device is 100% using onboard VPN, does the Synology Router (RT2600 or RT6600) offer any more protection with Threat Protection. If the packets are encrypted, what is Threat Protection finding. Can I turn off Threat Protection for the device with the onboard VPN and gain the significant download speed increase without Threat Protection?

I think so. The VPN is an app on a tower PC and the tower PC connects to the router so all packages into the router from the LAN side are encrypted as well as the returning packets from the internet side..

I think so. The VPN is an app on a tower PC and the tower PC connects to the router so all packages into the router from the LAN side are encrypted as well as the returning packets from the internet side..
Only if that combination is not using split DNS. If that device is in full tunnel, then yes, it's fine. TP does introduce a penalty in terms of speed but not sure what "significant" means on your end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.