DS923+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everybody,

Please help a newbie! I recently bought a DS923+ and have setup Synology Drive to use with my PC laptop and phone, where I have installed the clients. All good so far.

Now, when setting up the syncs, and I have Home folders enabled as well as a Team Folder, I see 'My Drive' and 'Team Folder' in Windows Explorer. In My Drive I see all my files and folders but I only want to sync one particular folder (Lightroom Catalog) and not the rest. I am not sure how to do that as I don't want mega-Tb of data back on my laptop.

What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Cheers,
Jim

In the Drive client you can limit the folders that are included.

One thing though, only one client sync-task can be applied to a My Drive/Team folder, or sub-folder of them. So you can either create a very specific task to you Light room Catalogue folder, which means you can't have an over-arching task for a higher folder, or filter the folders inside the the task.

Full client help... Synology Drive Client

So, in summary, you mean:

I can setup Drive with only the 'Lightroom' folder enabled and all other folders, including the MyDrive upper level folder will be disabled/ not used?

If you don't mind me asking a question - I want to use Lightroom as per the YT video by SpaceRex but can't seem to get it working by putting the catalog file on Synology Drive, which will then be seen by LR as local. All my images/ RAW files are in my personal folder on the NAS but LR does not see it. What do you think I am doing wrong?

Cheers,
Jim

So, in summary, you mean:

I can setup Drive with only the 'Lightroom' folder enabled and all other folders, including the MyDrive upper level folder will be disabled/ not used?
Yes. Create a task that is direct to the sub-folder and sync it to your Mac/PC. Just don't have another sync task that uses a higher level sub-folder.

I don't use Lightroom so no idea what it needs to work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.