Synology Blog In Pursuit of Excellence: How Synology Doubled Hyper Backup Performance

Currently reading
Synology Blog In Pursuit of Excellence: How Synology Doubled Hyper Backup Performance

Backup performance is considered one of the most critical elements of data protection. In a survey conducted by Synology that focused on 1,500 IT decision-makers, more than half of the respondents ranked backup speed as one of their primary challenges. Sluggish backups can stall an organization’s production processes. And if a backup task exceeds its […]
Synology Blog RSS

Continue reading...
- - -
Source: blog.synology.com

🤔 Synology foists a poorly coded backup program upon its userbase which is slow beyond belief, and then takes credit for cleaning up its code... And though "improved", it still is abismally slow.

They should have saved this post for April Fools Day. What a joke 🤣 ... Apparently "excellence" is measured on a sliding scale.

The only problem that has bothered me with HyperBackup is that relinking is terribly slow, if you need to attach to existing backupjobs it takes forever. I learned pretty quickly that make one backupjob for each shared folder makes things feel faster..

I learned pretty quickly that make one backupjob for each shared folder makes things feel faster..
I agree. Actually never wanted to have a single large job but to have them separated into multiple smaller ones. Still, relink could be faster for sure.

Also, this new "full system" restore (unlike the backup) is soooooo slow, as compared to ABB for the same process that is super fast.

v5 will be better ;)

Don't forget version deletion... Come back a day later and hope it is complete.

And its lack of options to backup a package without bringing all its associated folder content with it... All which were likely backed up with other jobs, or packages.

🤔 Synology foists a poorly coded backup program upon its userbase which is slow beyond belief, and then takes credit for cleaning up its code... And though "improved", it still is abismally slow.

They should have saved this post for April Fools Day. What a joke 🤣 ... Apparently "excellence" is measured on a sliding scale.
This is spot on

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.