Installed new Router ASUS RT-AX58U, lost Synology Drive-connection

NAS
DS923+ (16GB)
Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Windows
Last edited:
Since I upgraded my router I can't access my Synology Drive anymore. I've portforwarded 6690 just as before but Drive Client on my PCs can't connect. I've tried creating the link once again and it can't connect.
I've portforwarded a bounce of other stuff in my router and that seems to work but Drive has given up it seems.
I can connect locally to my servers IP-address but not remotely.
Hints here are appreciated.

Last edited:
Use a port tester to check if the port is open as a first step.
Something like:

Try this one. Might be more reliable. You can define ports at the bottom of the page.

1. Double check that the NAT/port forward rule is set to send TCP/6690 to your NAS's LAN IP
  2. Double check the firewall rule also directs inbound (and local loopback) TCP/6690 to your NAS's LAN IP ... unless your firewall participates in packet mediation before NAT in which case rule to allow TCP/6690 to the router.
  3. Check certificates assigned to Drive Server: are they valid for the connectivity method you are using?
  4. Check DSM firewall, if enabled, and any rule for allowing inbound TCP/6690 from the Internet (and local loopback).
  5. Does QuickConnect work?
Some thoughts.

Drive mobile app uses HTTP/HTTPS only so that's the DSM ports. Likewise Drive web portal. The desktop sync clients use TCP/6690. If you have setup an Application Portal unique URL for Drive (portal) then this will also work for Drive sync because it should all land at the NAS. The only difference is if you use different certificates for Synology Drive (portal and mobile app access) and Synology Drive Server (sync access) where the access URL should be in the relevant certificate's subject alternative names list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.