Solved Installing Resourcespace

Currently reading
Solved Installing Resourcespace

NAS
DS216+
Hi I’m trying to install Resourcespace DAM on a DS216+ I’ve found instructions but the links are out of date and I’m trying to find ipkg but again all the links are down.

Does anyone have experience of installing RS recently who can help

Thanks, I've looked at Docker, but I think I'm doing it wrong, I've downloaded every one of the resourcespace ones but cant get any to work

Not errors as such, I just don't know what i'm doing ! The links to the docker images don't give much information, I don't know what I'm meant to put into the advanced settings to get it working

I've given a few of the Docker images a go, and to be honest I'm completely stumped, none of them give any real instruction, I get as far as launching the container then I'm lost !

this one for instance, does it make sense ? creecros/resourcespace-docker
this might be more clear

You will need a running mysql 5.6 instance to make it work. If you haven’t used Docker before this might be a bit of bite for you but looking at the instructions in this compose, seems straightforward.

Post back if your get stuck

I'm stuck, I've tried doing it through the Docker app and I've tried doing it through ssh, just can't get it.

I've contacted the package maintainer and he isn't familiar with synology.

Would you Rusty, or anyone else be open to configuring it if I pay?

In general I also agree alot of Docker images come with total lack of documentation how to install/use them..
I had a prof, who when failing to correctly illustrate a proof, would stop and label the conclusion "IOCO" (in lieu of QED)... meaning "intuitively obvious to the casual observer", leaving his befuddled students to sort out the problem.

That's the sense I get with mots Docker images where there's no explanation of how to implement it... because it's IOCO :geek:

Last edited:
The image expects that volumes are used. The reason is quite clear: existing data in the target folder gets coppied into the volume, while a mount bind completly replaces the original folder. Since the UI only allows mount bind, volumes need to be used and the stack needs to be started from the ssh shell!

The original example did not care about the persistance of the mysql database data. I added the configuration parts to the config.

docker-compose.yml:
YAML:
version: '2.2'
services:
  resourcespace-app:
    image: creecros/resourcespace-docker:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    container_name: resourcespace
    ports:
      # change host port 8888 to whatever you need
      # host:container/protocol
      - 8888:80/tcp
    volumes:
      - include:/include
      - filestore:/filestore
  resourcespace-mysql:
    image: mysql:5.6
    restart: unless-stopped
    container_name: resourcespace-mysql
    environment:
      MYSQL_DATABASE: resourcespace
      MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: Un1c0rn
    volumes:
      - database:/var/lib/mysql
volumes:
  filestore:
    driver: local
    driver_opts:
      type: none
      # change path in device to an existing path on your diskstation!
      device: /volume1/docker/resourcespace/filestore
      o: bind
  include:
    driver_opts:
      device: /volume1/docker/resourcespace/include
  database:
    driver_opts:
      device: /volume1/docker/resourcespace/database

Make sure to store the content of aboves block in a file called docker-compose.yml on your ds (e.g. in /volume1/docker/resourcespace) . Make sure that the folders used in device exist before a docker-compose up -d is called, otherwise the command will raise an error.

In case you don't want to use port 8888 on your DS, replace the port to a free port of your choosing. If you want to store the data in a different location, make sure to change the values of the device lines.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I had a prof, who when failing to correctly illustrate a proof, would stop and label the conclusion "IOCO" (in lieu of QED)... meaning "intuitively obvious to the casual observer", leaving his befuddled students to sort out the problem.

That's the sense I get with mots Docker images where there's no explanation of how to implement it... because it's IOCO :geek:

People should stay away from images that don't discribe how they are ment to be used and what (and why!) preconditions need to be fullfilled.

Usualy they are work in progress images that suite the need of the creator and are rarely ment to be used by others.
Though, creecros/resourcespace-docker provides enough information to get started. If the author would have mentioned that the image relies on the copy back mechanism for volumes, it would have saved me 10 minutes :/.

Also the whole image is pretty primitive: no env variables that allow to configure the app and no entry point script that could use them to configure the application. This image was created with minimum effort.

Make sure to store the content of aboves block in a file called docker-compose.yml on your ds (e.g. in /volume1/docker/resourcespace) . Make sure that the folders used in device exist before a docker-compose up -d is called, otherwise the command will raise an error.

In case you don't want to use port 8888 on your DS, replace the port to a free port of your choosing. If you want to store the data in a different location, make sure to change the values of the device lines.

Good luck!

Thanks for this, I've made the yml file and when I run the docker-compose command it says:
Couldn't connect to Docker daemon at http+docker://localunixsocket - is it running?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.