Solved Installing Resourcespace

Currently reading
Solved Installing Resourcespace

Progress! I've got to the installation page of ResourceSpace - so thank you for that, though its not accepting the MySQL Server - I've tried localhost and 127.0.0.1 and the local IP but none are being accpted

I've hit a stumbling block, normally to get ResourceSpace to process images you would run the staticsync.php which is in pages/tool which I dont have access too, this would be set to run as a cron job every hour

Last edited:
@kevinneal: i have no idea about the appilcation, though you could add a task in your snyo and fire a hourly task with following command: 'docker exec resourcespace /var/www/html/staticsync.php'. Not sure about the path to staticsync.php though - according the Dockerfile /var/www/html is the root location of the embedded apache server.

I was merely asking. Don't worry about it. No need. Thanks.
I told you I will give you a hand with it... I'm running several RC instances ;) There was a change on MongoDB side when moving up from 0.73 to 1.0 RC so there will be a need to explain this matter.

Considering I'm tight with time I didn't make a resource on the matter, and I was planing on it. Will try to write it up with some pictures as well and hopefully that will be enough to kick off the topic.

I told you I will give you a hand with it...
Thanks @Rusty. I know I can count on your vast knowledge and help. It’s just that I see you’re not around very often so it’s obvious that you’re very busy. Didn’t want to bother you with it. And as I said it’s not urgent.

I just saw that this thread was winding down as the issue here was solved so I asked. But “hijacking” is not allowed.

@kevinneal: Not sure about the path to staticsync.php though - according the Dockerfile /var/www/html is the root location of the embedded apache server.

I tried "sudo docker exec resourcespace /var/www/html/pages/tools/staticsync.php" which I think might be the right path, but got this error:

rpc error: code = 2 desc = oci runtime error: exec failed: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "exec format error"

ok "sudo docker exec resourcespace php /var/www/html/pages/tools/staticsync.php" seems to run the process.

But another error, as its trying to find the folder "/volume1/Clients" it can't see it, is that because its not looking outside of the container?

The staticsync.php is what processes the images and imports them into ResourseSpace, so in the RS config you set a folder for it to process, for me this is /volume1/Clients on the synology

Oh I'm getting the hang of this - just needed to make a volume in the container setting

I'll go ahead and close this now, I have a working ResourceSpace installed that is importing my assets from the synology automatcally.

Once again thank you so much, really appreciate your patience :)

Thanks @Rusty. I know I can count on your vast knowledge and help. It’s just that I see you’re not around very often so it’s obvious that you’re very busy. Didn’t want to bother you with it. And as I said it’s not urgent.

I just saw that this thread was winding down as the issue here was solved so I asked. But “hijacking” is not allowed.
There is a new post in the resources section for RC.

Great resource - esp one-eyed king. Addendum to entry #22 - I used MariaDB instead of MySQL (almost the same - but not) and when I entered the docker container name / server name I got failure to process MySQL errors from RS. Checked both the RS & MariaDB docker logs and saw that my user was being rejected.

I SSH'd into the NAS, then DOCKER PS into the container, checked with MySQL and found my user name password etc specified in the environment variables was not present. I added that user - but @localhost - , granted full access and nada. Checked the logs again and saw my user wasn't @localhost but @IP. Went back into the MariaDB, DROP USER @Localhost user, ADD USER w/@IP, granted, purged then stopped and restarted the service just to be sure.

Stopped and restarted the RS container, processed the setup page...clicked the button an viola - RS is up and running. Whew. I know I blew thru this explanation but if it's needed I can go thru each setup entry by entry if anyone needs it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.