Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi hivemind

1) my partner's iphone running the iOS Photos app appears unable to backup to Synology Photos on a non-local network (my Android can)
2) my partner's iphone running the iOS Photos app appears unable to backup to Synology Photos while running in the background, so the app has to be open (my Android can)

is this what I should expect from the iOS app, I understand that Apple limit non-native apps from background processes

1. What settings were selected when setting up the backup task, and what are set in the visible options now?
    • ... what constitutes a "a non-local network"? Wifi elsewhere or just a mobile data connection?
  2. It seems the Synology Photos app on iOS has to be open/running for the backup to happen. Have you checked Background App Refresh setting for this app (listed as Photos Mobile)?
[I don't have a hivemind, it's all from reading, testing, observing, and forming an opinion]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.