iOS Mobile users have you tried LunaSea?

Currently reading
iOS Mobile users have you tried LunaSea?

Geeked

NAS Hosted
Subscriber
nashosted.com
NAS
DS918+, DS218+(2), RS820+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have been looking for a iOS mobile solution to manage Sonarr, Radarr, NZBget, SABnzb and all of my shows. After hearing of a few options for Android and being jealous, one day I was browsing reddit when the creator of LunaSea made a post on the sonarr sub reddit. This app is just as beautiful as this forum. I wanted to mention it and perhaps some of you would find it useful! The best part is it’s free and open source!

6DF7925C-0E72-4130-9D35-2619F16C1C21.png
39DFCA67-3D41-4382-9FEF-1CE7148B01E3.png

Well I have to say I gave up from a combined sonarr radarr, nzbget ios native app but this one is a wonderful work of art. Than you @Geeked for this share. Running multiple profiles now (none 4K and 4K as well) and it’s a treat to use it.
It is a by far my favorite app. I use it DAILY! Mother-in-law always requesting movies. i just pop open the app and load it up. Super easy. Be careful though! It's addicting to watch the download page LOL!

I'm super excited to see the Monitoring updates he's implementing soon.

LunaSea will later ship with support for popular server monitoring tools, including Tautulli, Netdata, Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin.

You will be able to view and manage Plex activity, CPU usage, memory usage, network utilization, and more!

Looking to get LunaSea set up on iOS, connected to Mac desktop w/Sonarr (and related apps) running on Docker. While your set up might be specific to a raid, maybe the instructions that are more Mac centric (even if for a different device) might help. Tutorials and such have not been specific to the use case.

Didn’t see this post when it came out last year but just noticed it now due to the last post here.

I’ve downloaded and setup lunasea and really impressed with it. I do use organizr to link to my sonarr, radarr and other apps so can’t see it entirely replacing that but it’s very good.

Cheers for pointing this out, if you know of any other iOS apps that link to stuff running in docker then please let me know. Always like having a tinker around with stuff like this.

Didn’t see this post when it came out last year but just noticed it now due to the last post here.

I’ve downloaded and setup lunasea and really impressed with it. I do use organizr to link to my sonarr, radarr and other apps so can’t see it entirely replacing that but it’s very good.

Cheers for pointing this out, if you know of any other iOS apps that link to stuff running in docker then please let me know. Always like having a tinker around with stuff like this.
How did you get it set up?

I just had to setup each individual app. In my case I have a dynamic dns I use to allow me to access things like sonarr externally so I used that in the host name for radarr, etc. As well as that just had to add the api key in from the same app.

That part is clear and sounds simple enough. But as in understand it it require reverse port forwards, command lines for Docker etc. Any links to a tutorial (ideally Mac based) or steps taken?

The j you I will need to add that to the tech upgrade list. Currently figuring out how to get a vpn with portfoward established and working.

I like the look of this app on android but have no idea how to set it up, don't even know where to find the required ip address I need to point it to.

I have LunaSea for the iPhone there to remind me to connect it to the new server when I have it finally stood up and working.

I like the look of this app on android but have no idea how to set it up, don't even know where to find the required ip address I need to point it to.
Luna connects to your running radarr, sonarr and download managers (like nzbget for example). So before you can use it you need to have those services running.

Yes currently have sonar, radar and Sat running on pc but being able to access on mobile would be great. I literally because I did not know how to use lunasea I am looking at new nas to set up sonar in docker.
-- post merged: --

Luna connects to your running radarr, sonarr and download managers (like nzbget for example). So before you can use it you need to have those services running.
Yes currently have sonar, radar and Sat running on pc but being able to access on mobile would be great. I literally because I did not know how to use lunasea I am looking at new nas to set up sonar in docker.

Best to 1st migrate those over to the NAS and then configure Luna on your phone

Last edited:
Prior to NAS I had (and have) everything running smooth on a Mac and ways to access remotely, so no need to rush to a mad just because you want an app to use from the phone - there are ways to do it - oh and I’m not a command line guy and figured it out. Mac was a bit tough for a nice like myself yet for it working.

Keep in mind NAS is pretty expensive - looking at $200 five or take for a starter, then you have to purchase a minimum of two drives..say another $200...it only comes with 2 ram (or 523 on the entry that you can not expand) so throw on another $100-$200. You are easily looking at $700-1000.)!

Right. Where o dropped out of LunaSea on the Mac was when the posts and tutorials started getting into the need for reverse proxies and such to get LunaSea working. It was at that point I decided it wasn’t that big of a deal to check in on the apps from the desktop now and again.

Once I have everything in proper order in Synology. I’ll look at LunaSea again and hope the technology will connect easier on Linux then it was on Mac/x-code/Docker/Linux combo

I seem to be falling at the first hurdle on luna in the app I try to set up sonar get my app key from Windows install of sonar but on my win 10 computer I can't see an iPhone only local host so I have no idea address to enter in to host on luna app where am I going wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.