RT6600ax IOT devices (Network) on RT6600ax

Currently reading
RT6600ax IOT devices (Network) on RT6600ax

Ok I've got my shiny new RT6600ax router set up and running with about 30 devices. I've read some articles about guest networks, but could use some help on how to set up (and assign) my IOT devices to this new network. It will be a total WIFI network with no hardware switching involved and no cameras other than my wireless Nests.
I'm sure there are articles out there, but I haven't found a way to change all my IOT devices IP address to the new VLAN. Do I assign them all static addresses on the new network, but I can't connect to them directly by IP.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

That is what one does when they are self taught —— They make up their own rules and test routines...
Replies
Views
first there isn’t Guest network, it’s just a VLAN labeled or virtual SSID by name Guest network. better...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have RT6600ax and WRX560 both wire back hauled to Netgear MS510TX. This switch's four 1GbE ports are...
Replies
Views
I have the same issue. I know that devices that do not support 802.11v have issues with roaming. What is...
Replies
Views
If you have another/old Wi-Fi router you might test how the thermostat works with another DHCP service...
Replies
Views
I’ve been complaining about this for years. My feelings is: When you ask for a list devices, YOU LIST ALL...
Replies
Views
Fredbert (and others), I had a support ticket in on this, and they told me the issue is indeed related to...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back