NAS Compares Is NOW finally the Time For You to Upgrade to 10GbE?

Currently reading
NAS Compares Is NOW finally the Time For You to Upgrade to 10GbE?

Last edited by a moderator:

Upgrading from 1GbE to 10GbE – Should You Do It?​

Whether you are a completely new NAS buyer or someone that has owned their own private server for a number of years, the idea of upgrading your local network from the rather standard gigabit Ethernet up to 10-gigabit Ethernet has always floated around in the background of the more enthusiastic server owner. Notwithstanding the obvious advantages in bandwidth that are going to be made available by this upgrade, there is always going to be the question of whether it is worth the time or money for your own personal setup to take this rather large step. The affordability of 10-gigabit Ethernet has improved wildly in the last few years, alongside innovations in just how straightforward the upgrade towards 10G can be. Still, 10-gigabit Ethernet is not for everyone, and in this article, I want to give you five reasons why you should consider upgrading your network to 10G and five reasons why you might not need to bother. Let’s begin.

Synology-M.2-NVMe-SSD-Pool-Black-Magic-10GbE-Speed-Test-64MB.gif

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.