Is Plex free live TV streaming available for you?

Currently reading
Is Plex free live TV streaming available for you?

I recently recevied an email about Plex providing free live TV streaming now.

Though, neither in plex.web, nor in the Android client I see evidence of it.
I am running PMS 1.20.0.3133-fede5bdc7 (which commes with plex.web 4.34.3) and the Android client 8.3.1.19108(d68ac64).

Is it available for any of you and if so in which country?

I recently recevied an email about Plex providing free live TV streaming now.

Though, neither in plex.web, nor in the Android client I see evidence of it.
I am running PMS 1.20.0.3133-fede5bdc7 (which commes with plex.web 4.34.3) and the Android client 8.3.1.19108(d68ac64).

Is it available for any of you and if so in which country?

ios, apple tv, nvidia shield client version. This has nothing to do with server side.

Channels are 3rd grade nothing special.

9B2264F7-CF2F-4549-8EE7-680FF84B86DE.png

Good to know that its unrelated to the server. I was thinking maybee it is unavailable because I have PVR disabled and it's somehow chained to it.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, Rusty. It realy doesn't look like I am realy missing out on something.

Good to know that its unrelated to the server. I was thinking maybee it is unavailable because I have PVR disabled and it's somehow chained to it.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, Rusty. It realy doesn't look like I am realy missing out on something.
Definitely not missing out. Lots of kids channels, some geek/nerd streaming’s ones and some cooking ones (?!?).

So yeah, still not a replacement for a LiveTV/DVR option they offer.

Also you can’t record, pause or so anything apart from watching in real time.

Got the emails too. Not sure why browser access is omitted cos that’s what I had to hand when checking it. So now I’ve looked on iOS in UK and there’s now a Live TV (on Plex) library. Plus I don’t use DVR on Plex as I still use EyeTV on Mac, though less and less now.

Concur with @Rusty that if you can’t see it you aren’t missing much. Pretty much the same as what I think of the Plex movies collection.

I have some questions about recording. After it records a show does it go directly with all your TV shows or is there a separate dvr tab. I assume it records commercials as well. What video codec does it record in?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.