Is there any way to have hyper backup filter on just the latest file?

Currently reading
Is there any way to have hyper backup filter on just the latest file?

NAS
DS414 & DS918+
I have my DS918+ hyper backup to my DS414.
I've defined several tasks for different folders and that's working fine.

However, I need a task to backup only the latest file in a folder (the name changes), is there any way to define a filter for that?
Otherwise, I'll have to create a job to copy the latest to a dedicated folder or some other trick.

Thanks,
Dan

I have my DS918+ hyper backup to my DS414.
I've defined several tasks for different folders and that's working fine.

However, I need a task to backup only the latest file in a folder (the name changes), is there any way to define a filter for that?
Otherwise, I'll have to create a job to copy the latest to a dedicated folder or some other trick.

Thanks,
Dan
By default, HB will create with each version a delta backup that covers only the changes/new files. If you are expecting only a separated backup task with new data you will have to make a new job, but that will also work just for the 1st version, any follow up backups will again save changes, so not sure if this is something that works for you.

Sorry, I'm not talking about versions of a single file or set of files. These are log files, with a date stamp.. ..but there are so many and some are so large, I only really need the last one-- whatever it's name is. I don't need what's new, there might be a dozen, I only need one.

To be clear you just want the latest file, in a single or multiple folders?

If this is the case then it sounds more like a situation where a time triggered, bespoke script could do the job:
  1. Find the latest file.
  2. Copy file to location reserved for backup.
Use HB task limited to backing up log location.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.