DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
For 3+ years, I have made 1 or 2 cameras available via DS CAM APP to the Homeowner’s in our POA……
So they can see the present road conditions halfway up our mountainside development.
I am repositioning a camera to see the main road switchback around a pond at 3550’ in elevation to a POA who’s main road goes up to 5000’. There are times when its sunny in valley and snowing like mad up here..
TV Station Weather forecasts here give 3x separate weather forecasts: Valley, 3500’, 5000’. You can see how this is a necessary feature: you would not want to be stranded 1000’ feet below your house during inclement weather conditions!!!!!

Presently I’m using DS CAM with QC connect login to do this via the APP, and DO NOT PORT FORWARD ANYTHING THROUGH MY ROUTER (2600ac)

IS THERE ANY WAY….. to do this as a one button click at the POA website: WITHOUT PORT FORWARDING AT MY END?????

I am not the website person, and the lady who is: is asking me.

Yes, I did contact Synology Support, and they said : NO, the 2 options need port forwarding, which…. In Lieu if what’s going on right now, is NOT a viable alternative.

So I ask here….. in off chance someone knows otherwise……
Thanks!

I have to say it is a brilliant use of a surveillance camera - well done!

As to port forwarding - ultimately how else do you get traffic through a firewall other than through a port? You can dial down the access of a port to quite granular levels, any camera system should be in its own broadcast domain and firewalled off on the DSM firewall too.

Last edited:
Agreed... QC Login from DS CAM APP doesn't seem to need it.. Presently no ports being forwarded in router... I'm self taught, so Was hoping something was available... At least this works flawlessly with DS CAM! Neighbors use it! They were hoping to incorporate it into their website...

Regarding the use of these cameras.... Being 68 years a: 'flatlander' and then retiring to the mountains... All you have to do is get stuck 500' below your house, with groceries, Once (2016).... and the use of camera(s) in this fashion changes from a novelty ----- to a Necessity!!

The Answer:

YES! Support confirmed this!
But it was not clear even from support HOW TO….. So I add that info here.

To change multi-cam display with-in DS CAM:

Hit the 3x BLUE DOTS. Once into that area it’s easy to reconfigure for multiple different displays.
My new settings are 1x3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back