Is there not one good backup app to achieve all of this?

Currently reading
Is there not one good backup app to achieve all of this?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
My goal is to backup 2 pc's (upstairs and downstairs) and do the following.
  • I want to backup an image file of the system drive for both pc's
  • And backup all drives and folders on both computers (Files and folders only, not image)
  • And to have a Photos folder on the NAS that syncs with the downstairs PC
  1. I was able to make an image file for both pc's using Active Backup for business so thats good
  2. I was able to have a Photos folder that Syncs with my downstairs pc using Synology Drive
So now I need to know how to do file backups to the NAS. I can do it with Synology Drive but I dont see where you can create different tasks to have one task backup and sync the folders then have another separate task to backup the folders.
  1. Is this possible with Synology drive?
  2. Is it possible to backup just folders and files with Active Backup for business while still having a task backup the Images?
  3. Is there another app I should be using to achieve all of this?
Thanks

first, when you will use Active backup, you have an access to your backup “image” as for new disk. then you can restore each particular file, folder only when needed.
then you don’t need another backup.

but when you need an immediate backup of created/edited file in specific folder structure, you can use Drive/Backup feature for such approach. Then you can create specific backup of specific folder/s for every single computer with Drive 2.0 client installed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.