DS918+, DS115j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm using Active BackUp for Google Workspace on DS918+.
There are 3 tasks for 3 Google Workspaces running smoothly.

The problem: in the ABG Portal only 1 task (out of 3) is visible in the dropdown list.

I have searched on forums - I didn't manage to find this issue.
Lately contacted Synology Support, they suggested to view portal as an admin etc. If it doesn't work—provide them access to my NAS...

1) Does anyone have any suggestions how to troubleshoot ABG issue described above?
2) Please share your experience\opinion in terms of providing access to NAS for synology support.

A bit more info:
  • DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1.
  • all tasks have "Active BackUp for Google Workspace Portal" enabled;
  • using Portal as an admin with all privileges;
  • latest application version;
  • the only difference in tasks is target volume for backup. Visible (in the portal) task is backed up on a system volume, while other 2 are not.
  • target backup shared folders are not compressed
  • target backup shared folders are not encrypted
  • giving RW folder permissions to the Active BackUp Gsuite system user didn't help
  • new tasks don't show up in the list in the portal either

Where are those tasks backed up to then?
to other shared folders. set up:
ABG task 1 --> System Volume / task_1_shared_folder (visible in the Portal)
ABG task 2 --> BackUp Volume / task_2_shared_folder (NOT visible in the Portal)
ABG task 3 --> BackUp Volume / task_3_shared_folder (NOT visible in the Portal)

Where are those tasks configured to be saved?
They are configured to be saved to the destinations mentioned above and they do, but Portal for unknown reasons doesn't show them in the task drop down.

P.S.
I'm waiting the NAS to finish large backup, then I will delete ABG, restart NAS and configure ABG from the ground pointing to one volume (BackUp).
At this point I'm not sure what else to try if it doesn't work.

They are configured to be saved to the destinations mentioned above and they do, but Portal for unknown reasons doesn't show them in the task drop down.
As suggested by the support team, can you view those tasks in the portal as "admin" account or not?

Also, when you configured the tasks have you activated the "Enable Active Backup for Google Workspace Portal" setting?

Last edited:
As suggested by the support team, can you view those tasks in the portal as "admin" account or not?
They didn't sugest the original administrator account "admin", just any administrator account.
I'll try the "admin" - thanks for the idea.

Also, when you configured the tasks have you activated the "Enable Active Backup for Google Workspace Portal" setting?
Yes. All 3 has this option enabled and I have tried on/off this optoin, create new tasks with this option on - no result.
-- post merged: --

No luck on "admin" account.

Last edited:
I've found the answer and it is not fully described in DSM Help.

Choosing ABG task in the Portal is a second level filter. I have spent days on it...

First level filter is a domain. You need to open view role field, then choose domain in the dropdown field.
After selecting a domain and closing view role window - you can choose respective tasks...

There is no mention of the domain filter in DSM Help page or mention on how you can actually choose tasks works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.