Issue with C2 backups after update to to 2.2.1-1110

Currently reading
Issue with C2 backups after update to to 2.2.1-1110

Two different NAS's are saying that they do not have enough room to back up to C2 after I updated Hyper Backup to 2.2.1.1110. Anyone else seeing this issue? I could easily be missing something here or not understand part of the backup process?

It seems like hyper backup wanst to do a full backup and doesn't have enough space anymore? The backups had been fine before. The two NAS's don't have enough data to fill up the amount of backup that they have on C2.

Below (in red) are the logs that show the issue it worked on the 15th then didn't on 16th after the update to Hyperbackup. Maybe I am just missing something, maybe a new bug in the update? Wondering what others think. don't know why it says Application size:[218.3GB]. May this line in the log is part of the issue? 8/15/19 23:18 SYSTEM [Synology C2] Version rotation started from ID

Also, I was thinking of just restarting the backup on C2 but I am not sure how to do that, anyone know? Used to cal lit a recycle backup when I used Retrospect, don't know how to do a recycle or something similar to Hyperbackup.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Atrisk

Error 8/16/19 23:17 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Failed to run backup task.
Error 8/16/19 23:17 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Failed to backup data.
Error 8/16/19 23:17 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Exception occurred while backing up data. (Quota at destination is insufficient.)
Error 8/16/19 23:17 HyperBackup [Synology C2][Synology C2] The estimated source size exceeds the space available at the destination (application size: [218.3 GB]; data size: [120.1 GB]).
Information 8/16/19 23:15 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Backup task started.
Information 8/16/19 20:01 SYSTEM [Main Nightly Backup] Trigger version rotation.
Information 8/16/19 20:01 SYSTEM [Local][Main Nightly Backup] Backup task finished successfully. [106295 files scanned] [9 new files] [5 files modified] [106281 files unchanged]
Information 8/16/19 20:00 SYSTEM [Local][Main Nightly Backup] Backup task started.
Information 8/15/19 23:31 SYSTEM [2nd local Backup] Trigger version rotation.
Information 8/15/19 23:31 SYSTEM [Local][2nd local Backup] Backup task finished successfully. [106390 files scanned] [8 new files] [17 files modified] [106365 files unchanged]
Information 8/15/19 23:30 SYSTEM [Local][2nd local Backup] Backup task started.
Information 8/15/19 23:20 SYSTEM [Synology C2] Version rotation completed from ID
Information 8/15/19 23:20 SYSTEM [Synology C2] Rotate version [2019-08-08 23:17:19] from ID
Information 8/15/19 23:18 SYSTEM [Synology C2] Version rotation started from ID
Information 8/15/19 23:18 SYSTEM [Synology C2] Trigger version rotation.
Information 8/15/19 23:18 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Backup task finished successfully. [106287 files scanned] [8 new files] [17 files modified] [106262 files unchanged]
Information 8/15/19 23:15 SYSTEM [Synology C2][Synology C2] Backup task started.

Nothing on hyper backup and C2 not working after update? Does no one use this? If anyone does use C2 is your backup still working after the update to 2.2.1.?

Still waiting on Synology support to give me a solution, they have escalated the issue to engineers in Taiwan so hope to get some info back soon.

Hello.
I dont use hyper backup.

If you have issues with that particular version maybe you can downgrade to previous version (i dont know if it possible, but maybe you can) or wait for another upgrade.

Maybe hyper backup have a bug in that particular version.

The backup error has now been resolved by Synology tech support in Taiwan and the backup is now working correctly... below is the info I got from synology.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your patience.

After confirming by our developer, this is a known issue that our developers are working hard to address in a future release.

The application size is not correct, we have fixed this issue for you, you should able to run the backup again.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If there is any problem, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,

Technical Support Synology

Last edited:
It is always good to report a bug or possible bug.
In the next upgrade that will be fixed ☺.

And if possible is even better with log/screenshot , you did well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.