Issue with synology account and 2 factor authentication

Currently reading
Issue with synology account and 2 factor authentication

I have an issue accessing my synology account which means I cannot get access to my 2fa codes.

I do actually have a DS918+ NAS but I actually became aware of this issue trying to restore from a backup Synology Secure Signin, where I keep my 2 factor authentication codes. When I select restore from backup on my mobile, I get to the login and password, which I have, but I don't have the 2fa codes. I can select another option, this only then gives me two further options. The first, is again to input my 2fa code, which I don't have, the second is for an SMS, but when I enter my code I do not receive a code on my phone. I select 44 as the prefix, as I am in the UK and I have tried the mobile number without the prefix '0' and then with, just in case, still not code, I suppose I might have miss typed in my phone number when I registered it.

I actually also have my recovery codes, but there is no option to use them. I have tried to login on different browsers, and on my mobile, but to the same effect.

I raised a ticket with synology 2 days ago, but Synology have not responded. I have tried to use their live chat, but you just get automated responses.

I am hoping I am missing something simple.

Thanks for any help and for reading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.