1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone has this kind of issue :

Once caldav connection established between Thunderbird (v102.5.0 but whatever) and Synology Calendar (=new agenda created on Thunderbird), I can't modify nor move any existing event (=event created somewhere else and already on Synology Calendar Server). I can still create new event on Thunderbird and modify it : it syncred back well to Synology Calendar. The only thing i can do with existing event is to delete them.

Each time trying to modify or move those existing events, I get those error message from thunderbird log : " [HTTP/2 405 Method Not Allowed" and "CalDAV: Unexpected status modifying item to [my account email]: 405" and

"Uncaught (in promise)

Exception { name: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE", message: "Server Replied with 405", result: 2147500037, filename: "resource:///components/calCachedCalendar.js", lineNumber: 747, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "modifyItem/</<@resource:///components/calCachedCalendar.js:747:25\nmodifyItemCallback@resource:
etc..."

Synology Calendar Caldav sync is working fine with Outlook (through Caldav Synchronizer) => Can add, suppress, modify new or existing events.

Searching everywhere on the net but no aswner related to that.

Any clue please ?

Attachments

• Thunderbird issue.png
    Thunderbird issue.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Never had an issue with Thunderbird. Are you using a CalDAV extension?
No, just use the default fonctionalities from Thunderbird (=Create a new calendar "on the network" and provide http link to caldav server...see attachement).

If you never have an issue with Thunderbird, may be it comes from Synology Agenda (reminder : With/from outlook, I can modify items on Synology Agenda with no issu) ? Any clue ?

Last edited:
What happens when you enter the CalDAV HTTPS link in a browser URL bar?

You should be asked for NAS login credentials, and then an ICS file appears for download. Do you get that?
Absolutely !

I just want to add that before, every thing worked fine (with Webdav/Cardav Server from Synology) until few months ago I have to swap into Synology Calendar as DSM 7 doesn't support Cardav Server anymore and with newer version from thunderbird, I have this kind of issue.

I'm not sure if the issue is from Synology Agenda or newer version from Thunderbird. Meanwhile, I swapped to Outlook and it is a kind of workaround as I prefer Thunderbird (lighter/quicker) than Outlook.

I posted my issue here as I see more skilled people answer here compare to other forum.

Thanks if someone could help.

I'm not sure if the issue is from Synology Agenda
Agenda is just a calendar view. I doubt it has any effect. I use the latest Thunderbird and sync triggered by Thunderbird sends/receives any changes.

I'm unsure what link form you are using with Thunderbird, but this works for me...
https://nas1.synology.me:NAS_HTTPS_PORT/caldav/username/

Alternately, with port 443 forwarded to the NAS
https://nas1.synology.me/caldav/username/

Last edited:
Agenda is just a calendar view. I doubt it has any effect. I use the latest Thunderbird and sync triggered by Thunderbird sends/receives any changes.

I'm unsure what link form you are using with Thunderbird, but this works for me...
https://nas1.synology.me:NAS_HTTPS_PORT/caldav/username/

Alternately, with port 443 forwarded to the NAS
https://nas1.synology.me/caldav/username/
Thanks Telos for your practical samples.

Actually, remotely, I use an external and secured domain link to connect to my Synology VPN server which then provides me an internal IP with an access to my internal network.

At home or remotely connected to my internal network, I only use local IP (ex : 192.168.0.12) to access to all my services from my Synology NAS.

Thus at home as well as remotely (once connected to the Synology VPN server), i use https://local_SynologyNasIP:NAS_HTTPS_PORT/caldav/username/ as a link to my Synology Calendar.

This working fine locally or remotely (throught VPN)...to have access to my agendas with client as outlook or through browser...But when using with Thunderbird, my agendas get updated in Thunderbird correctly with all events. I can even add new events in Thunderbird as stated in my initial post. But I can't move, modify existing events...weird.

This issue happens with thunderbird on Linux as well as with thunderbird on windows.

All your statements seem "normal" settings to me and they should work. But in my cases, I can't modify exisiting events in Thunderbird and have them sync back to Synology Agenda...that is the point of my issue.
-- post merged: --

I'm not sure to fully agree with your statement above as according to me, Agenda is a kind of database that provide a calendar view, but items (=events) in the calendar must be allow to change (=modify, suppress, etc.) : I think the issue happens to me is at this specific point. Something block the modification or sync back once some changes happens on existing record (=event) on thunderbird side : a bug or some credential issue.

Under outlook, I'm still able to modify existing events on Synology Agenda and have it to sync back to Synology Agenda.

I'm still able to modify existing events on Synology Agenda
Maybe I'm unfamiliar with what you are calling Synology Agenda. From the Synology Calendar site:

NEKOB0I.png

So I have daily/weekly/monthly/agenda views in calendar... same data source for all.

NuWsp7I.png

I have the same views on my phone.

I'm tapped out here... good luck.

Maybe I'm unfamiliar with what you are calling Synology Agenda. From the Synology Calendar site:

NEKOB0I.png

So I have daily/weekly/monthly/agenda views in calendar... same data source for all.

NuWsp7I.png

I have the same views on my phone.

I'm tapped out here... good luck.
Sorry, I mixed words : by Synology Agenda, I meant Synology Calendar app provided by Synology :

https://www.synology.com/fr-fr/dsm/feature/calendar

We talked about the same topic.

Sourcing from the same Synology Calendar, I have the same data views initially under outlook as well as Thunderbird. My issue is on Thunderbird, i can't modify existing events : All modifications (except suppressing existing or creating new) are not taking account under Thunderbird and are not syncred back/updated to the nas.

Hope I'm clearer and sorry for miswording.

Hi,

Anyone has this kind of issue :

Once caldav connection established between Thunderbird (v102.5.0 but whatever) and Synology Calendar (=new agenda created on Thunderbird), I can't modify nor move any existing event (=event created somewhere else and already on Synology Calendar Server). I can still create new event on Thunderbird and modify it : it syncred back well to Synology Calendar. The only thing i can do with existing event is to delete them.

Each time trying to modify or move those existing events, I get those error message from thunderbird log : " [HTTP/2 405 Method Not Allowed" and "CalDAV: Unexpected status modifying item to [my account email]: 405" and

"Uncaught (in promise)

Exception { name: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE", message: "Server Replied with 405", result: 2147500037, filename: "resource:///components/calCachedCalendar.js", lineNumber: 747, columnNumber: 0, data: null, stack: "modifyItem/</<@resource:///components/calCachedCalendar.js:747:25\nmodifyItemCallback@resource:
etc..."

Synology Calendar Caldav sync is working fine with Outlook (through Caldav Synchronizer) => Can add, suppress, modify new or existing events.

Searching everywhere on the net but no aswner related to that.

Any clue please ?
I got the exact same issue using Linux Mint + TB.
Error message is the same
Has anyone solved this issue
Thanks

I am having the identical issue with the same error messages.
Cannot update any synology Calendar events from thunderbird.
Only create new.
If the event is updated on the synology first or a change is made on the synology calendar then the event updates correctly in thunderbird.
Otherwise Log throws error when updating from Thunderbird:
1700498631450.png

Hi everyone,

I am having the same error message:
Screenshot from 2024-01-02 22-01-14.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-02 22-02-01.png

For me this happens to all of the main calendar under https://local_SynologyNasIP:NAS_HTTPS_PORT/caldav/username/home but not for other calendars e.g. https://local_SynologyNasIP:NAS_HTTPS_PORT/caldav/username/tlgjtadf

It also does not matter if the item was created by Thunderbird or not. Once I created it with Thunderbird, I am still able to edit it. After exiting Thunderbird and starting it again I'll get the error message.

After reconnecting the calendar, it is possible to edit all events until Thunderbird is exited and started again.

I am currently using Thunderbird 115.6.0+build2-ubuntu0.22.04.1 on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, DSM 7.2-64570

Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?
Due to dependency on Thunderbird's state, it does look to me as a problem of Thunderbird, rather than the Caldav server.

Thanks
Markus

I had the same behaviour, and found that simply recreating the calendar resolved it. My issue may have been a corrupt calendar cache, but that may not be your problem.

Incidentally, I have two calendars on my laptop, one called Internal to use when I'm home (https://[IPADDRESS]:[PORT]/caldav/[ACCOUNT]/) and one called External to use when I'm not on the local network (https://[NAS].synology.me ... etc).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.