Synology DS1621+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi all

Hope i'm right no this topic. We use Active Backup to backup our VMs on our ESXi.
The daily creation of the backups works fine! But we try right now to restore a backup on original location (with another name) and on each our our vm backups, they breaks on 5%. The log message i wrote bellow.

- Starting to instantly restore virtual machine XX in task ESXi-Backup
- An error occured when uploading a file from virtual machine XX to the hypervisor.
- Fail to connect to the hypervisor. Please check the server address, account settings, and your network settings.
- Unable to instantly restore virtual machine XX in task ESXi-Backup

I don't understand this, because the backups works fine... Can anyone helps me how I can check this issue?

hi all

Hope i'm right no this topic. We use Active Backup to backup our VMs on our ESXi.
The daily creation of the backups works fine! But we try right now to restore a backup on original location (with another name) and on each our our vm backups, they breaks on 5%. The log message i wrote bellow.

- Starting to instantly restore virtual machine XX in task ESXi-Backup
- An error occured when uploading a file from virtual machine XX to the hypervisor.
- Fail to connect to the hypervisor. Please check the server address, account settings, and your network settings.
- Unable to instantly restore virtual machine XX in task ESXi-Backup

I don't understand this, because the backups works fine... Can anyone helps me how I can check this issue?
Hi there.

Not sure what could be an issue there, but have you tried with a full restore vs instant? I have no problems with both scenarios so it is a bit strange that you can backup but not restore.

Guessing this is in the same LAN setup, not something on a remote location? Also, are you restoring to a separate esxi or the original one where the VM lives?

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 12.20.43.png

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 12.21.28.png

@Rusty thank you for your reply. Strange, the full restore is working... I don't know why... On your system are both working?
I have connected my esxi to my synology directly over a 10gb lan card with a crossed cable. So I have a very good speed! I also try to connect my second connection (over the 1gb ethernet with a switch between) but same issue.

On your system are both working?
Yes, instant as well. Here is one test that lasted 22sec in total, as VM restore from the hypervisor side is still needed, but the initial step from ABB to ESXi is complete with 0 problems.

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 22.36.18.png

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 22.37.11.png

I have connected my esxi to my synology directly over a 10gb lan card with a crossed cable.
I have both the hypervisor and the nas connected to a 10G switch, so not directly, but I guess it shouldn't make a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.